Introducing Drawing View!
Say hello to smarter site visits with PDF Markups connected to Revit
Until now, drawing markups have been captured in dead-end PDF files. Not anymore!
With Layer App’s intuitive new Drawing View, you can now give PDF markups life beyond the static file. Place intelligent annotations on static PDFs that are linked directly to Revit elements and view the referenced markup right in Revit.
Mobile-first in design, Drawing View offers augmented productivity for site visits of all kinds, from conditions assessments and facility audits to CA workflows such as field reports and punch lists.
As a project management tool, Layer’s intelligent annotations in Drawing View make it possible for multidisciplinary teams to push markups to teams working in Revit.
Try Layer’s new Drawing View free for 14 days >
Offline Usability Improvements
Going on site without wifi? Layer’s newest release improves your connectivity to data and lets you create new data when you’re offline. Improvements include:
- View and update Elements from previously opened Categories
- Upload files and update most Element fields while offline
- Create new Elements while offline
- Preview files that have not yet been uploaded
- See file upload status notification when the device comes back online
The latest update to the Layer Revit Add-in improves the way Revit parameter data is collected. Need help with the add-in? Schedule a time with our Customer Success team now >
If you’re already using the Layer Revit Add-in, you will need to download the new Layer Revit Add-in for Revit 2021. Find instructions for installing the Layer Revit Add-in here.
- Fixed issue with iOS notifications not taking the user to the correct location when opened
- Fixed issue with Lookup Input fields not formatting empty values correctly
- Fixed issue with Revit element settings now showing the correct menu options
- Fixed file field on iOS native to use native camera capabilities
- Added ability to filter fields by Is empty and Is not empty
- Added ability to filter fields by the current user to create saved views that will display data specific to the user
- Added support for UK and European currency and date formats
- When reopening a project, you will now be automatically taken to your last visited saved view.
How do I get this new release of Layer?
If you’re already an awesome Layer user, just log in to your Layer account and refresh your window after login. If you have your iOS or Android apps set to update automatically, you don’t need to do anything. If you don’t have your apps set to update automatically, just update Layer manually through the appropriate app store.
Not a Layer user? Click here or sign up for a short demo below >