Reporting from Category Views
We’ve moved and improved reporting! The big change is that you can now create reports from any Category view. With file and range input fields now viewable in Table view, you can filter and sort data as needed and simply export a report.
You can also add a logo uploader and description field to customize reports even further. Use our shareable link to share with non-Layer users or export any number of file types, including JSON files.
Need to find reports you’ve already created? Previously saved reports can now be found under Files (main sidebar) > Reports tab.
New Workflow Templates
Get your project started fast with our new workflow-specific templates for Facility Audits, Design Coordination & Redlines, FF&E, and Punch Lists.
See our Punch List template in action:
Improved Text Area Input Field
Need to take meeting minutes? Use the Text Area Input field with three new field heights and the capability to view in full-screen zen mode. Smart tag team members or elements right in the Text Area Input field.
Note: Layer Docs under the Files tab will be deprecated. Old Layer Docs will still be usable, however, you will no longer be able to create new Layer Docs under the Files tab.
- Categories listed in alphabetical order in the main navigation sidebar. Categories were previously listed in the order in which they were created.
- Improved UI for uploading files on mobile
- Intuitive zoom controls added in Drawing View
- Fixed issue with Drawing View annotations not saving correctly in certain situations
- Corrected PDF rendering issue in Revit Add-in dashboard
- Fixed issue with duplicating a Related Element field where the sibling field is not created properly
- Moved status toolbars (Live View, Offline, and Trial Expiring) to be shown at the top of any page
- Fixed images cutting off between pages in PDF Reports
- Corrected issue with PDF file downloads in the iOS app
How do I get this new release of Layer?
If you’re already an awesome Layer user, just log in to your Layer account and refresh your window after login. You don’t need to do anything if you have your iOS or Android apps set to update automatically. If not, just update Layer manually through the appropriate app store.
Not a Layer user? Click here or sign up for a short demo below >