1. Document View
With Layer’s new Document View, users will be able to export BIM data side-by-side with project data as beautiful, custom reports without relying on third-party layout software.
Users can also use the intuitive WYSIWYG builder to format project and model data into any kind of document, including reports, presentations, and meeting minutes. Since Document View is built around Layer’s “flexibility first” premise, there are no hidden rules or fees to change the document after it’s made.
2. Updated Revit Add-in
The model publish process has changed with the Revit Add-in.
Instead of Attach and Sync, Add-in Users will now Publish their model to a Layer project anytime they want to push changes to Layer. Additionally, the ribbon now indicates which Layer project a model is connected to.
This new process allows Add-in Users to publish models and use the model viewer, version history, spatial information and more. This includes of the same features available as if they uploaded the .rvt manually from within the app. This update also allows Add-in Users to access familiar features like Live Link and Sync Parameters.
Revit Add-in FAQs:
- If a user wishes to continue using the add-in without interruption, they should not download this new version.
- If a user wishes to update and use the new features on an existing Layer project, they should download this new version and contact us for help with the migration.
- If a user wishes to update and use new features on a new Layer project, they can download this new version and starting using it immediately.
- Have specific questions about the updated Revit Add-in? Contact us at email@example.com
3. Additional Updates
- Forge Viewer: Updated in the app to use the new file format for improved speed, especially on mobile devices.
- Related Element Picker: Updated to allow filtering and showing element fields when selecting elements. See images below.
- Fix for the “Show Completed” button not shown when viewing tasks if all tasks were marked as completed
- Fixed issue where category instance name & initials were not saving if changed during initial category creation
- Fixed re-send verification email button on verify email screen
- Fixed issue where an error when generating a report would cause a blank screen to be shown and an invalid link to be copied
- Fixed issue where thumbnails were not being generated for PDF files
How do I get this new release of Layer?
If you’re already an awesome Layer user, just log in to your Layer account and refresh your window after login. You don’t need to do anything if you have your iOS or Android apps set to update automatically. If not, just update Layer manually through the app store.