Room Data Sheet Excel Template
Download this free Room Data Sheet Excel Template to organize your architecture or interior design projects.
Need a template linked to Revit?
How to use the Room Data Sheet Excel Template:
Once you download the free Room Data Sheet template at the top of this page, you’re ready to customize the template for your project.
1. First, change the branding to match your own. You can put your logo in the top row with the company address and phone number as well.
2. Fill in the project info including the project name, location, project number, and issue date.
3. Select the type of information or requirements of rooms that you would like to summarize. Depending on individual projects, your room data sheet example may have varying categories.
4. Fill in the room name on top of the individual columns with detailed information on the row below. If you need more columns for additional rooms, feel free to add more columns to the spreadsheet.
5. Remember to update the Revision Date and Revision No. when you need to make any changes and re-issue the Room Data Sheet.
Download the free Room Data Sheet Template to create your own custom Room Data Sheet. Use this free template to organize your architecture or interior design projects.
Need a template linked to Revit?
Why Use Room Data Sheet Software Linked to Revit?
Most architects use Revit to streamline their design process, but still resort to spreadsheets to input their room data manually.
It can be complicated to organize extensive information, especially for large-scale projects. Using Room Data Sheet software like Layer allows you to collect accurate data directly within Revit.
Quickly Create and Collect Room Data Types
Room data takes a lot of time and energy for architects to organize. Let alone keeping up with the constant periodical changes during early design phase.
Layer keeps your data accessible with shared workflow and collaboration across your team on any devices in an extensive database.
Learn more on creating and managing Room Data Sheets with Layer.
“Layer maximized our efficiency. You wouldn’t believe how much time you spend looking for photos and notes until you don’t have to anymore. Data collected for a project is only valuable if it is accessible. With Layer, the information was always in front of us.”Adam Sitzmann, Project Manager, BVH
Integrate Room Data Seamlessly within Revit
One of the biggest benefit of using a Room Data Sheet software is its direct integration with your Revit model. You can get up-to-date quantities and locations of different rooms from your project in real time.
Depending on your firm’s workflow, you can start entering data in Layer first before building your Revit model or vice versa. Regardless of your team’s preference, Layer allows you to have an accurate Room Data Sheet with automatic updates that sync with your Revit model.
“Layer dramatically increased our efficiency by helping us capture existing conditions data and photos accurately in one app. With Layer, our teams build trust and transparency knowing that the data was collected in one consistent format that can also be easily accessed in Revit.”Jason Chen, AIA, BIM Manager, Beyer Blinder Belle
Instantly Export Room Data Sheet Reports
Creating Room Data Sheet Reports in a presentable format is time-consuming, especially if it involves hundreds of rooms for a large-scale project.
Layer makes it easy to create detailed custom reports. You can also set a standard template to export all of your room data instantly.
Schedule a time below to see how Layer can improve the way you create and manage Room Data Sheets.